Monday, January 16, 2012

Well Okay Then

We had a busy weekend. Guys started off their WorshipArts program and they are beyond excited. Came home - everything great. Next day, we had our bible study - everything great. Right before bedtime - total freak out that they don't know the majority of the songs.

And I'm the crazy one because???

Monday rolls in with Hubby actually working which is good because I wasn't sure how groceries were going to happen. Actually I'm still not sure because I am a fan of electricity and water and things like that. But I let the guys off the hook with the books so they spent the day working on 6 songs.

They worked really hard!! All day!! Like over 6 hours.

And then had to take a break to deal with putting away their laundry and take out the trash and then were back at it again.

Hard!!

Too bad we can't have this enthusiasm for math...or English...or anything academic but enthusiasm was present so I guess I can't complain. Too much.

I did get cracking up laughing at them. They were struggling with one song and one of them said, "One more time!" And "try it again." Funny stuff.

I decided to reward all this hard work with a pan of lasagna. I was declared the best mom ever. Which is good because just the day before I was accused of poking around, being too aggressive, and nosy. It's like they don't even know who I am because duh. You're under my roof, my rules and you can take it to the bank I am going to be all up and in their business. So take that stretch marks 1-59, 60-120, and 121-160!

Although now that I think about it, Jared really didn't cause any stretch marks. Guess I'll have to come up with something else for him.

I am now trying to figure out a way to sneak in Midol pills into everyone's food. What? It's all I have and it's cheaper than Prozac. There is no point in wasting good chocolate on these people because it doesn't change their mood. Where is the fairness of that I ask you?

I did take a bit of resentment that there was a prayer for God to intervene and somehow make sure that I get them there on time. Dude. I can't even really say anything snarky about that because I had to agree with them in prayer over it because I am genetically inclined to be 5-10 minutes late. And that's on a good day.

So fun was had by all. Except I feel kind of icky. Like a dry throat icky. The posse better pray harder.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

That is hysterical...you're all up in their business! I love it.

And that's how it darn well should be.

Now and for years to come. I'm 42 years old and my mom is STILL all up in my business.

Maggie S. said...

You always make me smile.

jubilee said...

I've told my kids that they can count on me being up in their business too. They look at me like I am speaking a foreign language!