Thursday, February 9, 2012

Mush To The Mush

That pretty much sums up my brain right now. I've tried to write this post like 3 times and it just wasn't happening. Wednesday was crazy busy and Thursday blew by so fast I couldn't even really tell you what I accomplished. I can tell you it wasn't anything I had on my to-do list.

Got a lot of stuff graded and I'm seeing the same issues with Jared that his brothers had with the same curriculum. Frustrating. But at least I know NOW what to look out for and I can change some things up for him. I thought he was all set for next year with school stuff, now I'm not so sure. At least I didn't place my order yet for next year's stuff.

That's sort of looking at the bright side....I guess.

What an incredibly odd feeling that is! Surely this is just a fluke.

And speaking of fluke's - Alrighty, mah sistas. Is it normal for the hormones to change when they show up? I have been warned to batten down the hatches when 40s show up but I'm not there yet, so I can't figure out what the deal is. While I've never had normal cycles and all that, it was pretty much a given that I would go bat sh*t insane crazy shortly before aunt flo graced us with her presence. I'm still accused of hoarding all the chocolate to which I argued it was either the chocolate or I kill all their stupid selves off.

But I'm now finding the insane chocolate hoarding, eye twitching, dear God you people are beyond stupid crazies are showing up shortly after aunt flo left. This has left me, and the males of the house, completely confused.

I found myself today popping evening primrose oil pills like tic-tacs, tossing back the chocolate like water, and fighting tears all day. Hubby got home and I told him if he valued his life, he would say nothing stupid or to anger the beast. After he realized I wasn't kidding, he asked permission to speak. After deciding that was a smart answer, permission was granted. He asked if he should remain quiet the rest of the evening or if that would make me feel shunned thus angering the she-beast.

Dude is a lot smarter than what I thought.

I told him to have a conversation in non-stupid and he may make it out alive. Then I realized what gender he is and wished him the best of luck. I did tell him I didn't give him high marks for making it. We ended up watching TV most of the night to keep it on the down low.

Pitiful. But effective.

Evening primrose oil has definitely put the brakes on the crazy, wild, emotions but I've noticed when I take it this early, it triggers a faster visit from auntie. And while it is no wear near as bad as yesteryear, I'm still not a fan of her visits. So what is a crazy she-beast supposed to do? I took the pill just to keep the urge from smacking all male persons upside the head. Since I live with 4 guys, they appreciated it immensely and have now call that the miracle pill, the answer, the problem solver, the chocolate saver, the she-beast destroyer, the manna from heaven etc.

They get creative when it's safe for them to crawl out from behind the couch.

Chickens.

There are days I really wonder why the heck I have the faulty wiring version of wo-man.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I just turned 41 and I haven't noticed any difference in my PMS mood swings. *shrugs* ... I never really got moody with my periods. Just when I am tired. *lol*

http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

Carrie said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with all the mush feelings. This has lasted about 2 weeks for me now.

I'm soon to be 43 and rarely get all that hormonal stuff. Well, I get it just not too bad.

It's sometimes nice to have so you can blame stuff on it though. =)

jubilee said...

The she-beast has come out with claws and teeth bared in the Jubilant household. At it is after Aunt Flo's visit. At least I am not the only one.

Just turned 40 about 3 wks ago. I was told that my eyesight would go wonky when I hit 40 (from both my parents who had it happen to them), but no one cautioned me about the terrible moodiness and hormones on attack.

Is it wrong to curl up in a ball for the next 10 yrs or so?