Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Seriously Wal-Mart, Seriously??

It was one of those grocery runs. The kind of run that pretty much tells the world that you were down to your last box of mac n cheese, the last bag of ramen noodles, and everyone seemed to be out of various shampoos, toothpaste, and/or deodorant.

I think I could sum it up as The Clampits Went A Shoppin'.

Now that I think about it, I can't really point the finger at stuffmart. I was just having a bit of trouble locating stuff. For instance, they had these seasonal pumpkin flavored almonds which 3 out of the 5 of us love. Found a few canisters of them....on the bottom of a skid of other nuts.

I looked at Michael, who is a fan of these nuts, and I smiled really purdy like and he came strutting over to help his mumsy in distress. Either that or he really wanted those almonds too. Might be a bit of both. I had dude lift the corner of the skid while I grabbed a can and then had to snag a can from up top and shoved it under. I may have yelled got it, run for your life! I may have said if you hear a loud crash, make a break for the door. Or not - it's all a bit fuzzy to me now.

And that's the truth, Your Honor. Sort of.

I did have a slight visual of me being hauled off in cuffs screaming, "I was framed and it was their own fault for putting the out of season stuff on the bottom anyway" and then go on to declare I will sue for food poisoning.

I really need to get out more.

Either that or find a hobby. Because I tend to come up with that crap all the time and oddly enough it usually involves me threatening to sue stuffmart. I wonder if my new hobby can be to sneak in a paintball gun and shoot people who are wearing jammie pants. I have a feeling that would be frowned upon at that establishment.

Back to finding a hobby.

Considering the sheer amount of stuff we bought, I'm rather surprised but somewhat close to a happy-ish kind of feeling on the total. The funny part is I was so in the zone, I could have walked right by every person I have ever known and wouldn't have had a clue. So if I blew anyone off - my bad. Needless to say, I found it rather amusing that Hubs was talking away to someone and it took me a few minutes to figure out it was a person....who we know....and she didn't run in the other direction.

Go figure.

It was a long lost friend I hadn't seen in ages. She's one of those friends you can not see for years and still just click with. Good thing they weren't busy because we had the baking aisle blocked off and was just gabbing away.

After we pulled ourselves away, I was back in the zone making sure I got everything on my list. Somehow I missed my cousin calling which is a bit odd for me. The sad part was I didn't discover I missed her call until my FIL was trying to call my phone. Gosh I...must...have...not...heard it, yeah! That's the ticket!

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

I guess that's why I'm all annoyed with Wal-Mart - I have all these feelings of angst while at their store, therefore it must be their fault somehow. Works for me!

We did manage to sail right past evil Edna and got a guy who talked my legs off about how excited he is about Star Wars 1 coming out in 3D. I now know that they will be releasing all 6 movies in 3D.

I bet you are as underwhelmed as I am.

But I now find myself wanting to hunt George Lucas down and ask how much money does he really need?

Actually no, I would turn all starstruck and talk goober-ese and ask if he would please make more Star Wars films because I simply don't have enough of his product in my home. Have I mentioned how Jared begs me to watch the Clone Wars with him? No? That's probably because I'm too busy hitting myself over the head to bother mentioning it.

Think I will call it a night and go pass out because tomorrow night I get to sit through another music practice.

Hold me, I beg of you.

0 comments: