Monday, February 13, 2012

The Word For The Day Is....

Focus!!!

I know this shocks no one but I tend to....lose....focus....sometimes. Or a lot. And I can say it's never a dull moment in my head because I can go off in different directions all at once. But when I come to the realization that I only have 1 body is when it tends to get complicated especially when my mind is screaming to do 5 things at once.

I've hard I'm quite hilarious when this inner struggle shows up because let us not forget that I tend to talk to myself, all the time, and sometimes out loud. If I'm in a weird enough mood I will have different voices to at least pretend I'm not totally insane.

Note to self - beware of all large sized white jackets with extra straps and buckles.

I don't think it's an attention issue. I'm actually purdy good at those attention details. I do have to stay on my case to finish the thing I started. I have wised up to this trick and now I'm having to battle to start things.

Hate when I outsmart myself.

So now I'm in a fierce rock, paper, scissors battle....with myself. Oh the happy I am feeling to know it has come to this.

That was sarcasm, people. Please keep up.

Where was I? Oh yes the word focus. And how I have none. Here's what I have going through my head:

Me: So self, I guess we need to focus.
Self: Where do you get this we? I'm focused, you're the one that can't concentrate.
Me: I beg to differ. We both know you tend to get easily side-tracked. Then you go off about how I don't stick to the to-do list.
Self: That is my attempt to motivate you to keep at it. Should I remind you about the avalanche of dirty clothes?
Me: Yes, how about we go there - the reason there was an avalanche was because you wouldn't get off the computer and...
Nicholas: Hey mom, what do you want me to put down for this think problem? Does it want me to answer both parts or to combine it into 1 answer?
Jared: Help! It wants me to do what?
Michael: Can I have lunch?

20 minutes later

Me: Um, what where we talking about?
Self: I have no idea. Wanna discuss the list?
Me: Not really.
Self: Same here. How about Pinterest?
Me: Oooo I love the way you think!

This is a great discovery that it's not entirely my fault for my lack of focus. So now I have all this focus but I have zero want to on what it is I'm focusing on. Whee. And why do I always see everything I need to clean?!?

Wait, what was that Self? It's a Monday? Well that figures. Makes total sense. I am now going back to bed and won't appear until it's a better day where the focus and the want to will be BFFs. Right now they aren't speaking to each other.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Thank heavens I'm not the only one who holds conversations with myself!!

Thank you for making me feel a tad less crazy!

Joanna said...

Haha! I live to serve! :)