Tuesday, March 27, 2012

And Again I Say, Oh Mah Word

Did someone pour me into a blender and hit frappe? Sure does feel like it.

Still in a lot of pain. Not happy about it. Can't do jack. Have to rely on the guys to get stuff done. While I give them all great big, puffy heart applause for all their work....I don't like not being able to do things. Like stand up straight for 5 minutes or bend over to tie my shoes without pain washing over my arm. Not a fan of pain.

My folks showed up and had a peaceful visit. Had to shake my head and just laugh. We had a bet going on that mom was going to be wearing the sweatshirt that is older than my children that sort of prompted the whole shopping trip. Sure enough, she was wearing it. I sort of teased her I was going to set it on fire - while she was wearing it.

She said I'm really funny. Oh! Yes! Yes, I'm hilarious. Totally kidding. *mutters quietly to self*

Had them go through a couple things and was really relieved she wasn't mad when I informed her we are going to have to leave the crusty piano behind. She said made sense. And I think that's when I blacked out as I don't remember much after that.

I almost had to beat Fred to death as he attempted to pack up our kitchen. We are not at that stage yet so had to grab him by his lower lip and said, "heel!" Impatience is at an all time high around here.

So is the drama.

Boys are coming down to the last couple weeks before their worship night. And the freak? They are doing it. They have to get their final projects in by next week. They both wrote a song and dang! they have some hidden skills here. I think I slightly misunderstood something. We were looking into getting a digital recorder and was going to record their songs and send it in. Just got an email saying they need to be ready to present/show their project next week. I'm not looking forward to passing that along because they are freaking out enough as it is.

They are both really nervous about performing. They have worked their tails off! No one can accuse them of slacking because, oh my word, the amount of blood, sweat, and tears that have been put into this whole thing - times 2! But the nerves have shown up and I don't know whether to smack them with pillows or feed them chocolate. If they don't calm down soon, probably both.

So the next couple weeks are going to be a blur of activity. I am so hoping this is my last week of chiropractor visits because going a month in this much pain and this little amount of sleep is just ugly.

Dear life - please stop giving me so much crazy!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow...you have a plate full, don't you?!?

Hang in there...you'll come through shining! I know you will!

Joanna said...

I love how you give me so much credit when half the time I can't even remember where I put stuff. :}

Lauren Michelle said...

Good luck to your boys! They'll be great. What kind of music are they performing? I hope your arm/back gets better soon.

Joanna said...

Thanks Lauren! All Christian worship music. You Are Good, Christ In Me, Take Me In....and I just blanked out on the last 3 songs! Sheesh what a bad mom. I've sat through all the practices so I should know the song titles! (Hangs head in shame)

Julie said...

So much talent in the family! Bet you're one proud mom! :)

Hope you feel better soon!

http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/