Friday, April 6, 2012

Who Owns All This Junk Anyway?

Hubby dear, I think, is trying to compete with the Energizer Bunny. There hasn't been much work for him lately so we have been packing, which is good as it's needed. But oh my word! The amount of junk!

Thankfully, we are leaving A LOT of crap behind. Sadly, we are taking waaay too much pleasure in this whole process. As in every bag of junk that gets tossed into the basement, the harder we are laughing. Surely this is a sign of something, just not sure what. But after all the drama, all the hoops we tried to jump through and getting no where, and how the bank refused to work with us on any level - think it's freaking hilarious that they are going to have one big ol' mess to clean up.

And I'm okay with that. We're not trashing the house. We're not going to vandalize the place but we are so leaving behind the junk.

However, I am so very, very ashamed of the amount of dust bunnies. It's bad! Forget bunny, I'm talking a dust storm. It's mainly our bedrooms. No wonder a few people have some nose issues - the house slave who gets stuck doing everything doesn't clean the rooms very well. If my mom saw that....I shudder to think! I find it funny that all the chores I had to do as a kid I tend to fight tooth and nail over. Almost think I have some unresolved issues or something.

Bahahahaaa!!!!

Moving on...

My folks are coming up next weekend for the boys' music thing. I'm so articulate. But really I feel like I am running on fumes. Lots to do, lot of hurry up and wait, lot of unknown, and a lot of moving forward.

But I did manage to anger the parental units on both sides lately. It's like some sort of gift as I can do this without trying. We told my folks that they have that one weekend to go through the last of their stuff and only had two weeks to get it or it's getting left behind. Might call that the harrumph heard around the world.

Then I had to tell the in-laws my folks are coming to the boys' thing and therefore they can't, because both our parents have proved they can't act like adults and put on their happy face for the sake of their grandchildren. I haven't heard another thing from my MIL since. While a part of me is okay with that, the other part of me knows this is going to be ugly next month for J's b-day. Doesn't help that she's posted a few weird comments on her Facebook lately about being very angry with someone. Not sure if it's aimed at me or someone else.

Suddenly that job offer in Texas is sounding kinda nice.

I find it sort of funny but my give-a-damn is so broken, I don't think it's fixable. I've heard this is a symptom that runs in my mother's side of the family that gets worse with age. This could be epic. I'm sort of scared that I get this wild twitch to my eye that says, "Bring it! I have a list of people to cut!!"

I don't even know what that means.

My only comfort is our children will be grown so I won't worry about the fallout harming them. Much. Hubs is so screwed. And I can't muster any sympathy.

Epic.

And speaking of epic - we got our book order for next year's school stuff today. I'm not sure who is more scared - them or me. As it is, they are going to be done with all their school stuff by the end of the month. I'm going to have them start in on a little bit on their math and maybe science to help them get a head start for next year. We'll have to see how much time we have. I don't like all this not knowing stuff! It's hard. Long list of things that have to get done all within days of each other. So this list is just sitting there staring at me aaaand I can't do anything about it yet.

Sigh

0 comments: