Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ermagerd!

I think that's supposed to be omg only said really strange like. You know you just tried saying it again.

I should just crawl off to bed and be thankful the day is over. Yet....here I am...sitting at the computer desk....unable to crawl away.

Can't say anything overly exciting happened over the weekend. Hubby dear didn't believe me that the BMV or DMV whatever they have in this state, would be closed Saturday. Was dragged from bed, had to get purtified (make real pretty) if I was to get a new driver's license and out the door we went. And there was no gasp of surprise to see the place was closed.

I'm told smug doesn't look very well on me.

I said someone tends to choke on the humble part. He said bite me. Me, being me, took that as a challenge and bit him on the arm. Cuz that's how I roll!

We decided since we were up, dressed, out of the house, and away from the spawn, to go run a few errands. Dude needed some new shoes in the worst way so we were able to find a pair and they were on sale. Oh happy day! So getting those plates and license was supposed to happen Tuesday night as they were open later.

But we discovered the van was starting to run rough. And today the van overheated while Fred was on the way to work. He had to park it first place he could find, which he got a ticket for it. He got to put those new shoes to work and walked the rest of the way to work. However, someone noticed the pharmacy patch on his jacket and stopped to give him a ride.

Michigan people never would have done that. Just saying.

One of the pharmacist took him to a gas station to get coolant and drove him to the parking garage. Made sure the van would start before she left.

Proof that if you can get out of the ghetto, people are super nice down here.

Dude came through the door more than frazzled. He gave it a once over, called his dad, the mechanical wizard and I blanked out at the rest. Thermostat went bad. That's problem number 1. We're hoping that's the only problem.

But getting all legal like was put on hold.

So dude is driving his truck tomorrow. And I am lifting up holy hands, thanking God that those plates are still legal for the rest of this month. Luckily for him, he's working at one of the clinics rather than the hospital because there is no way that beast would make it into the parking garage.

So that was his crappy day. This was on the heals of finding a huge leak in the basement when it rains - like when it did all weekend long. Lake Erie took a while to shop vac up. And the property manager is no longer the manager or something or another. We have no one to call regarding stuff. We found this out when we called to say, "yo! come fix the water fall that is going on in the basement."

All we got was someone will be in touch.

I can't even make this crap up.

Eh, whatevs.

Monday we played boardgames with the guys. Hung out and made all kinds of hilarity. I'm almost sad we don't film this stuff because it is pure awesome. My stomach muscles are still sore from all the laughing. Epic!

Today was back at it with school work while Fred had his crappy day. Tomorrow holds a lot of laundry as the guys seem to wait until they are wearing the last stitch of clothes to inform me about their crisis in clothing. They didn't find it funny when I said their crisis was not my crisis.

There are days when I think I'm the only normal, sane one around here. After I stop laughing hysterically, I go on with my crazy ways. I'll make it up to them - I'll make cookies. Makes up for all the emotional scarring I'm accused of causing.

2 comments:

Julie said...

We have been having troubles with our Durango overheating since July. First we changed the radiater. Only helped a little. Then came the thermestat. Helped only a little... We are trying the water pump next. *sigh*

http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

Joanna said...

So very frustrating, isn't it?