Wednesday, November 14, 2012

That's Just Crazy!

What could be so crazy, you may ask? No, this time I got you because why are you still reading this if you don't want to know? Am I right?

C-r-a-z-y. It's like I knew.

Not really. I just guessed.

Let's see, first crazy on the list: in-laws were visiting for the guys' birthday. Naturally, we had to go to the guys' Chuck E. Cheese which turns out to be Guitar Center. Personally, I'm thankful that we are far beyond the Chuck stage. Pizza wasn't too bad but seeing that many Ritalin sniffers was just conformation that our society as a whole was totally doomed.

Yeah, because last week wasn't conformation enough.

So I dropped off the guys while my MIL, Jared, and I went to Gamestop. I hate those places. I'm either talked to like I actually have a clue about gaming or I'm getting hit on. I'm now concern that playing video games harms people's eyesight because eww. This time around I only had to endure all the game speak and sort of zoned out. Then I was told we need to update our info and renew our card to which that is Fred's department, not mine. Apparently, no does not mean no to gamer boy. But if he thought for a moment I was going to buy something extra, well then who am I but to school him in the lesson of back off jerk-weed!?

Finally made it out of there without spending anything extra and went back to get the rest of our crew.

I heard Michael took off for the guitar area and Nicholas headed to the piano section. Both had fun drooling over instruments they had no business even touching and got to rock out on some stuff. Both were approached by people complimenting them on their playing. The crazy part was Nicholas said a couple guys just walked up to him and jammed a little with him and then asked if he would play for their church.

Um, okay. Do I know you?!?

Oh, Indiana. I keep forgetting you people are a lot friendlier. I also forgot to pass that information along to my children. It caught Nicholas totally off guard which I found to be surprising.

The guy asked him if he had a cell phone which he said no and this floored the guy. But he said Nicholas is very talented and told him the name of their church and asked him to check them out. Too bad Nicholas can't remember the name of the church. Not to mention didn't get any of the guy's information and all he said was maybe.

Pause while I bang my head on the desk

I sat there and peppered him with multiple questions, one being was it a paying gig?!? because hello you could use the money. I highly doubted it was paying as most churches usually expect people to give their talents to the Lord with no price tag, but it never hurts to ask. Besides, my whole point was to get him to think and be able to respond on the fly. Clearly, I have my work cut out for me. Proof was as I rattled off several questions, dude kept saying, Oh, I never thought of that or I didn't think to ask.

Seriously?

I promptly asked him who is he and what has he done with my son. You got to understand, Nicholas is the conversationalist, the pushy one, always the first one to say something and was pretty much caught flat-footed, so to speak, in a conversation. So unlike him. But I find myself constantly pushing them to get them to think about and to look farther down the road instead of just the here and now.

Not an easy task.

It's been a few days and he's still pretty floored that he was asked to play at their church. He's still quick to say they don't have the same style or taste in music. When I asked why, he said it was southern gospel and not his cup of tea. And if he doesn't like something, well, it's just not going to happen. We teased him that if it's a paying job, he can make it his cup of tea! He totally disagrees, but it's still fun to tease him.

Brought up a few comments about church and serving. We had checked out another church last week and they were asking for volunteers for the tech area. Nicholas and I just looked at each other and smirked. Then, and only then, when it was safe from, you know, people - we cracked up laughing.

I'm used to dealing with people who, for whatever reason, have it out for me. I still struggle thinking people suck as I've gone through enough circles of getting my character assassinated and constantly told I'm not good enough for any leadership position that I would like to avoid it all together. Wasn't aware I was trying to be in leadership, nor was I aware I wasn't behaving but hey - whatevs.

But now my kids don't really want to have a part of serving in church as they've watched their dad and I serve in many areas only to get burned - repeatedly. And what can you say to that? Were we treated wrongly? Yes. Did it hurt? Yes. Would I go back and do it again? Nope. Would I ever consider getting back in the game? ....I'll get back to you on that one because my first response is nope. There are people I still wished I had never met. True story.

Not fun dealing with other people's crazy. And doubly not fun dealing with a crappy attitude about the whole thing. Crazy just took on a whole new flavor.

The next crazy thing was the State of Michigan has contacted us to inform us we were wrongfully foreclosed on.

Do tell.

We are now part of a class action law suite. Um, okay. Won't erase the past few years, won't get our house back, can't undo everything we've gone through, nor will it change anything. We won't know how it's all going to shake out for several months but I can't help but feeling a bit vindicated. I mean, so much so, that I would like to make copies of this and send it to all the lovely people that told us at the time that God was judging us, we were horrible people, that we were stupid and utter failures, and deserved all this calamity.

According to the State of Michigan - they're incorrect. Our case was already looked over and we were wrongfully treated.

Boo-ya, beeches!

Of course, I'm having to pull in my attitude. Failing miserably, but trying none the less. All of this came on the heels of another character assassination and left a pretty ugly scar. So to have some official paperwork saying you was done dirty? Priceless.

I've seen a lot of people who stand on their high horses looking down on other people tend to get kicked upside the head. My dad had someone tell him he had his heart attack for some secret sin - the same guy had his own massive heart attack just a couple months later. Food for thought.

And I have a list of people for karma in case it gets bored and/or forgetful.

My in-laws were a bit surprised by this news. My FIL has voiced his opinion that he felt it was our fault entirely. I think I should repent for savoring the look of shock on his face. I'm not quite there yet. I had to endured a lot of "well if you would just go get a job and put your kids in school like a normal person you wouldn't be having these problems."

Truly a shock why we don't visit more often.

Said no one ever.

Eh, just have to wait and see how it all pans out. Just another wave in the ocean of crazy.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Speechless!! I hope you get a big wad in dmages from this great state...for them to make a mistake and it caused someone their home. Crazy doesn't begin to describe it!! Can't wait to see how this one turns out!

Joanna said...

I know, right? The plot thickens as the federal government is now saying the same thing. Forms have been filled out and now we're part of another class action law suite. My understanding is it won't be settled for a while but I can hope. :)