Friday, March 8, 2013

As The Train Chugs On

Why I haven't fallen into bed in total exhaustion is a bit of mystery to me right now. The guys all woke up feeling even more miserable, if that was even possible. All 3 couldn't do much more than just sit. It was really bothering the older 2 that they couldn't help but their pink cheeks, glazed over eyes, and hacking cough pretty much made them out of commission. One kid said he coughed so hard, he's pretty sure he tasted lung.

Added bonus, we couldn't get Clifford to start. The battery was dead and it's been giving us fits so Fred and I have made about 20 trips back and forth to the storage unit in the van.

Doesn't feel like we've made a dent in anything. Tomorrow, hopefully, we'll get keys to the place or at least the garage, oh and hunt down a moving truck, and 500 hundred other things like take down the beds and pack clothes all before Fred goes to work at 2 and we won't see him until 11p.m. All while I try to load up the truck with no help as the guys are all wiped out.

All that sobbing and whimpering is from me. I've been battling the crud myself. I think on trip number 5 I felt like I was walking in slow motion. I am so very thankful for ibuprofen! But it feels like someone is standing on my chest.

At this point, I don't think we're going to get to move into the house until Monday. We haven't heard back from them yet. They said we can use the garage but last I heard that was it. I don't think we're going to get everything done Saturday either. Especially not with everyone feeling under the weather. I remember moving all this crap the first time and it felt like it would never end and that was with help! I told Fred I bet money no one will come check to see if we left right on the 9th. I suggested we save the air mattresses and sleeping bags and stay the night as we know it has water, heat, and electricity. That and I don't feel like driving down to my cousin's especially if we still have stuff still here. He agreed with me, so my mother should be proud we're not following the rules. But seriously, they want all our crap out of here and we have no where to go. Not like they're going to come in here Sunday and get to work. Believe me, I'm betting they won't even touch this place until a couple months from now because that's how bad they suck.

I don't get any of this. I'm starting to give up trying to figure it out anyways, so I guess that's progress.

0 comments: