Tuesday, June 18, 2013

So What's New With You Silent People?

Me? Been having a ball and been busy. We've been helping out a few of Fred's co-workers - everything from moving a single mom, to me running a gal to the hospital for a procedure.

Thy name is sucker.

Not really. We're trying to show that their assumption of Christians is a bit skewed. Sort of sucks to hear them talk about Christians are a bunch of jerks even though I totally agree with them, so trying to show that not everyone is like that. Needless to say, challenge accepted on changing their minds. On top of that, I'm writing 2 books sort of at the same time. A non-fiction for when I'm in a serious mood and the fiction when I feel like letting it fly.

I'm farther along with the fiction. Go figure.

Plus, I'm up to my ears in books to read. And I've finally got an area to scrapbook and I'm itching to get back into it. As Jared likes to point out at his book is so far out of date its just sad.

No pressure!

We went to the Creation Museum - had a good time. Love, love, loved the planetarium show!! I thought it was the best part of the whole thing. Michael is still going on about how comfortable the seats were. Not gonna lie - if I could have walked off with a set or two of those bad boys, it would be on! Highly recommend the place. I can't think of the word - what do you call the talking mannequins? Animation? Animatronics? Anyhoo, they did a great job. There was a bug professor that his eyes would track you - it was sort of creepy at first, but Jared got so into it that he sat there and went through the entire thing! And dude hates bugs more than I do, so that is saying a lot.

We had a lot of fun!

I wasn't sure how with it we were going to be because our stay at the hotel had us on the second floor with either a heard of people or a couple of hippos that were tramping around, back and forth, for hours. I think they got into their room by 1:30 a.m. and didn't settle down until like 3. I'm not sure how Fred slept through it, but I can tell you the rest of us didn't and the commentary was beyond hilarious. Either that or we were all slap happy. Both are possible.

After the Creation Museum, we headed off to Great Wolf Lodge. The place is geared for kids a bit younger then the guys but we still had fun. Their water park? Amazingly awesome!! Worked out well because J and I would have fried if we were outside for that long. There were a few rides that managed to remove and then reinsert my tampon. It got my attention. And now a few of you are screaming from the mental imagine you never wanted lodged in your brain.

Welcome to my world. The mental images I get on a regular basis is enough to keep me entertained for hours.

Normally, I stay clear of those cotton torpedoes, but it was the last day and better safe than sorry. Plus I was in the water, so duh. There was another ride that I'm fairly certain removed a layer of skin off my booty. We kept referring to this ride as the toilet bowl as you were launched into a bowl and swirled down a drain and shot out.

Toilet bowl.

I will now show restraint and leave off all jokes of feeling drained, a sinking feeling, and/or comments about feeling like a new turd.

I know - this is me showing restraint.

Lets just say, one should be veeeery careful how one sits in the tube and leave it at that. Or I could tell I learned really quick to pick up my booty off the slide to keep the skin intact, but I think you already got the point. I had fun going down the lazy river. I made Fred come with me and we held hands and floated along and just talked while the kids went and did their own thing. We were talking about the future and what will I do with myself once the guys are gone. I've decided I don't want to do anything normal. I'm not sure what that means but I've decided to toss normal out the window.

But we all hung out in the wave pool when we needed a break from all the stairs. Which was good because Jared and I both got a bit of heat exhaustion. Apparently, we are delicate creatures. Jared was up those stairs quite a bit and I think I stayed too long in the hot tub. I had a fever and felt like crap, and it took me 2 days to recover. Luckily, Jared bounced back faster than I did.

Took the guys to see Now You See Me and we're going to try and see Superman here shortly. We had my sudo sissy come down. I pulled a sneaky. Last time we visited my aunt, her Grammy, we were talking about these orthaheel sandals. I was asking her size and color just going with the flow of conversation. Later when I was on the way home, I got the nudge to get them for her.

Oh, the cackling with glee? It.was.on!

I sat and stared at that darn box for over a week just giddy. Plus I got some stuff for my lil sis as well. Toss in some Father's day sneakiness and I was almost overcome with being a major sneak. Exhausted, but the level of sneakiness had taken on a whole new level and I could.not.stand.it.

I almost spilled the beans a few times. Nicholas had to order me to keep it together. Oh my word. Those guys! I feel bad I haven't kept up with the nitty gritty of them just becoming more manly day by day. They are a hoot to be around. I have everyone say it's so sad I don't have girl time, but believe me when I tell you - there is never a dull moment around here! So proud of the men they are becoming. And Jared will leave you in stitches with his shenanigans! Love my guys!

We got the guys better music instruments, but it took a sweet forever for Michael's guitar to come in. So Friday rolled around with me getting up at the butt-crack of dawn to take the gal to the hospital, got home after 1 and then got the text that the guitar had indeed made it's appearance. I loaded up the guys and finished off our Father's Day shopping. Saturday arrived with me getting up early again to make a chocolate coke cake and then off to my aunts where I shocked her speechless. And then she called me sneaky several times and I even heard my full name. I'm fairly convinced had the boys not been there, I would have had a pillow smack me upside the head.

But it was epic! Had a ball blessing her. My mom called to find out the details as this is her sister, and we both got a good laugh about it. She said she would call her in a few days to hear her sister's side of it. I'm waiting on her email to tell me what was said. I think I'm enjoying this a little too much!

Had a really good day with sis - her and I went to see the same movie. I live to serve. And then Father's Day showed up and no one got up in time to go to church, so we loafed and loaded Fred up with his gifts. Jared got him a big gift bag filled with all his favorite candy. Either I over did it or dude has a lot of favorites. Both Jared and I watched him unload the bag and we both said, "how much candy did we put in there?!?"

His first guess was it was a bowling ball if that tells you anything.

And lest you think we are having too much fun, we had water in the basement again, the dishwasher isn't working, they STILL haven't install the air-conditioner, the downstairs bathroom they were supposed to fix now has mildew growing on the warped walls, and the construction trash is still out front. I get frustrated because if we're 5 days late with rent, we get evicted, but they can take a sweet forever to do something. I hope we can get a house this time next year because this renting business sucks!

And at long last, the bullet that can no longer be dodged, striking fear into our nerves - the guys are studying for their learners permit. They will have to log 50 hours of driving time before they can get their license but the moment is soon upon us. I thought for sure the rapture was going to happen first, and even though they have dragged their feet, it is time.

For some reason I now want to go get chips, salsa, and a margarita. Is that normal behavior?

2 comments:

Julie said...

I am so jealous! I want to go to the Creation Museum so badly! It's so on my bucket list!!!! I loved the pictures you posted on facebook. :)

http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

Joanna said...

Julie, that would be one loooong trip for you guys! It was only a couple hours away for us.