Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Vroom, Vroom!

The last few weeks have been speeding right by. Matter of fact, everything is going a bit too fast for me. I think Fred has given up how many times he's heard me say, "I'm not ready for this" to "I don't think we're old enough to be going through this" in just the last month.

We got the guys a car. They were too cute about the whole thing. We just got them their own set of keys and while it's been fun and exciting to see them on this next stage, behind close doors I'm just a wreck. I go from being over the moon happy for them to downright depressed. I think some of it was we're having to battle our car insurance company. They insist we have them covered on all our vehicles to the tune of 2,153 for 6 months of coverage. After I talked Fred off the ledge and he picked me up off the floor, we came up with plan B which is they can have their own insurance coverage once they're 18.

All this talk has turned to the guys getting jobs, phones, and opening bank accounts. Granted, this is normal and I had a paying job since I was 15 to a couple months before I popped them out, so felt we were behind on that curve. But since life has refused to cooperate with my plans and things being out of my hands, I shrugged it off. So now I feel like we have all these life lessons are screaming in and smacking me upside the head.

So not ready for all of this.

Plus, we've had a zillion things going on to boot. I've been canning relish, went to a book sale and a bridal shower, survived a few days with my mom, still a bit stiff and sore from another epic badminton marathon, and just finally got the last of our stuff ordered so we can start school here shortly.

No pressure.

Oh, and spent yesterday with my man as we celebrated our 19th anniversary. How is it even possible it's been that long? We've been getting a lot of requests for marriage advice lately to which we say find something to laugh about. There are some years I wish we could repeat, and some I hope never see the light of day. But no matter how bad I want to smack him upside the head with a frying pan, we both make an effort to find the funny. A stupid quote from a movie can sum up the whole situation but gets us both to laugh and take a breather, which is enough for us not to kill each other.

Although, I need some movie quote to help me cope with all this kids growing up thing. This is too much for me! I have a feeling this is going to be a crazy year and I'm not sure how to prepare for it. So far, denial is working. And lots of hours on Netflix.

Can I take a moment to tell you how much I love Netflix and how much I hate HuluPlus? And I mean like with a passion. Actually, I wouldn't be stuck with Hulu if Netflix would get on the ball and have all the seasons I'm waiting for but my denial level seems to require a lot, so to sit around waiting for a sweet forever of who knows when? - not working. Sissy got us hooked on Once Upon A Time. Bones will be kicking in which we spent the summer watching all 8 seasons. That was after we spent all winter slugging through all of 24.

Yes, I'm aware just how pathetic that sounds.

If you have actual suggestions for my denial and all it's freaking out, I am willing to slightly listen.

0 comments: