Monday, September 2, 2013

And So....

With a box of tissue in my hand, we are starting the twins' senior year. Not gonna lie, I've been all over the place emotionally. Frankly, I'm a bit concern that I'm still walking around singing "Akuna Mutata" rather than my usual "Lets Get Down To Business".

This can't be a good sign.

Normally, I'm all trying to get everyone geared up. Right now I'm suffering from epic fail. Fred - sensing that I wasn't on top of things has been trying to get me in the swing of it. And by swing, I mean he pulled out all the school stuff himself and after a few half-hearted grunts and finger points on my end, he figured out who got which books and made the schedule.

Personally, I feel like doing a victory lap right now. I'm not even across the finish line, but in my line of thinking, this is close enough. I told the guys they better have ambition for both of us because I got nothing going right now.

I'm hoping I'll get into the swing of things here. September just showed up and no joke, the month is already booked out. How did that happen?!? I feel like I should apologize to my two readers that I think I'm going to be a blubbering mess this year. I may try to keep it together, then again, when have I ever been able to do that?

Everything just feels so serial. I look at my boys - correction - men, and I'm humbled that we've made it this far and that they've turned out this good. I'm typing this while they are out practice driving with their dad. Jared just got back Saturday night after being gone for a few days. It's weird because everything has shifted. It's a new season with the guys and it will never be the way it used to be. Part of me is happy and part of me is sad.

We can all nod our heads and say, yes, time does go quick. But when you are standing real close to the finish line, you're brain is freaking out for everyone to just slow the heck down, for Pete's sake! I don't know who Pete is and why his sake is in peril, but why does Time have to kick it into overdrive? Especially when I was hoping for a nice leisure pace.

Going to go watch a movie. Not sure which one yet, but we're going to squeeze the last few hours of our summer before facing the next chapter. Wonder if I can sneak in a girly movie so no one will question why I'm sobbing like an idiot? Probably not. But worth a shot.

0 comments: