Monday, December 30, 2013

Pinterest Tried To Kill Me

Well, in Pinterest's defense it wasn't really its fault. I kept coming across recipe after recipe and thought ooh that looks good! And I'm the type of person that only likes to taste a bunch of little stuff, but doesn't want to get stuck with a ton of it. Toss in Hubby needed to do a gift exchange last year, and it all made sense to make a ton of stuff and give everyone a little bit of everything.

Then insert my crazy self, who tends to over do - well, just about everything.

I mean e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.

Last year we did dollar store tins and I did my part and made tons of stuff and Hubby did his part where he got 10 pounds worth of stuff into a 2 pound tin. Awesomeness was had by all.

Then this year rolls around with my craziness showing up and seeing more good recipes to try out. Plus, I thought it would be cool to get those Chinese take out boxes and fill it with stuff. So far, that wasn't a bad idea. Then I kept adding different things to try and....well.....long story short.....amped up crazy person decided to give 4 boxes to each person.

I don't think you are appreciating the level of insanity this turned out to be. Because OH MY FREAKING GOSH!! IT ABOUT DID ME IN!!!!!!

It was on round fifty of some form of awesomeness that I glared at Hubby and demanded to know why my voice of reason, him, didn't speak up to say, "calm the heck down woman!" And believe me, he has had to say it many times. He said he reasoned all this stuff was yummy so have it.

Turkey.

The good news is I got it all done in time. Now I'm begging dude to work for a different hospital so I don't have to go through this again. However, we made up a bag for nurse Diane and he said her reaction was priceless. She said it made her Christmas. And that right there is why I tend to over-do it with things, because that gave me warm fuzzies knowing it meant a lot to someone. He said the rest of the gals acted like a diabetic falling off the wagon. That made me laugh and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to laugh about that or not.

I no sooner had all that done and off the list, when I had to pull stuff together for a family get-together. We had a good time as can be expected. My folks arrived late and left early. So fun was had by all.

My cousin's wife and I are giddy as another book sale is upon us. She caught wind that this will happen day after my b-day, and if her cackled of glee is any indication of what she's up to then I'm sure I will take more ribbing. I've taken a lot of crap from them for not being in my 40s, so I can only imagine the shenanigans they are going to pull. But, we always have a ton of fun, so I'm sure this will be no different.

Although, I really need to spend some quality time getting my book pile lowered. I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to read much. That is a sad thing indeed! This holiday season has blown by fast! I told the guys that it doesn't even feel like we've had a break. I said we're taking another week off and they just smiled.

Hopefully, I'll give Pinterest a rest because it keeps giving me ideas. And nobody's got time for that right now!

0 comments: