Friday, January 17, 2014

Let Me Just Bang My Cane On My Rocker

I have now flopped into another decade. I've embraced the gray - sort of. At least I thought I was until I had to pluck my eyebrows and what should I discover but a couple of gray - no, white eyebrow hairs! For some reason I sat there all irked like, because what was one supposed to do with white eyebrow hair anyways? I'm still scarred from discovering hoo-hah hair can turn grey.

I actually hunted my mother down and demanded to know why she didn't prepare me for that special shock. She was laughing so hard, she started coughing to the point that she sounded like a sick sea-lion. My dad got on the phone and asked what the heck did I say to make her cry with laughter like that.

Cricket, cricket

So I told him and from what I hear, he is on his third bottle of bleach trying to get that image out of his eyes. Hey, he of all people should know better than to ask questions all willy-nilly like that around me. Actually, he said it was funny but just couldn't believe I'm old enough to have graying hoo-hah hair. He keeps forgetting what year I was born in, so thought I had a couple more years to go. Talk about denial! Dude is in his 70s, so time for a check up from the neck up!

I ended up having a blast - the gals came down for the book sale and I have another large bag of crack books to go through. Be still my heart! Too bad I still have 3 other bags full from the last 2 trips. Ahem! I've been busy. Although, I'm not sure what it is I've actually done. Weird.

But we went off to P.F. Chang's and someone tipped off the waitress and a cheesecake with lit candles appeared while people sang to me. I had to pose for pictures all while I had a goofy grin on my face. Well, it WAS cheesecake. I just wished I knew it was coming or I would have passed on those egg rolls. Burp! I was so glad they came! I really needed some girl time. They almost didn't come because of the crazy weather. They have no idea how happy I was that they braved it. It's over an hour drive for them - 15 minute drive for me.

Sissy might be coming this weekend. But Jared just caught the crud, so she's not too sure now. We shall see how that pans out. All the days are starting to blend together. I need to park it and get knocking some of these books off but I've been cross-stitching, which just screams I have no life. And while that may be true, I've been working on this sucker off and on for 5 years and I think I got enough steam to get it finished. It's huge and all the shading hasn't pushed me over the edge yet so away I go.

And this is me - with a hobby.

You may offer your pity at any time now.

Oh wait, that would require people to comment. Which is weird because I don't know how my blog got listed on this one site but one blog post has almost 500 hits on it. Ok. Creepy. Sort of glad I set my comment settings to no anonymous comments. I was getting too many spam comments which is sad because those seem to be the only comments lately, but didn't have the body parts they were offering to enhance so buh-bye spammers. But to rack up 500 hits on one post and no comments - seems a bit off. I really don't network very well. I'm confused why anyone reads this anyways.

0 comments: