Monday, February 17, 2014

It Was Yet Another Tale Of Woe

The good news is we survived germ-fest and are fully recovered. At least I thought until tonight. Hubby and I ran to the boarder while the guys were at youth group and ended up picking up some food poisoning along with our nachos. I'm belching a rotten egg smell and some of it bullied it's way through the intestines leaving us both running for bathrooms. And while an argument could be made that duh, you went to Taco Bell so, of course, you're taking your life into your own hands - I wasn't aware the boarder crossing was now armed with lethal bacteria.

I feel really bad because I talked Hubs into going there aaaannnd he ended up poisoned. Nothing says I love you like being talked into consuming questionable food that leads to evil diarrhea. Although, I think that's a double negative, because when is diarrhea not evil?

That lovely tale of woe was on the heels of another tale of woe. Sadness had struck when it was discovered the coffee maker stopped working. It was confirmed it had died a sudden and tragic death, as in it didn't work. Not like I care, but for Nicholas - this was a sure sign that the end of the world had indeed just happened. We had a curbside memorial as it was tossed into the dumpster and made a quick trip to snag a newer model, because we have discovered Nicholas is a bit more grumpy without his coffee.

He claims he's not addicted, so far none of us are buying it.

We thought we had recovered with a new coffee maker that had a lot of cool features, but sadly it is giving off a plastic aftertaste. I have washed this sucker, ran water through it, even brewed a couple pots to try and flush this junk out, but was informed the film was still floating on top. Dude looked at me to which I said, "dump it" and he gave me a look of horror until I asked him if he wanted to drink it. He nodded his agreement and dumped it. I had him use Folgers coffee instead of the Starbucks because that crap ain't cheap!

Sissy recommended using vinegar through it which is what I did because the man child is not happy that his morning cup of Joe is being violated. And that has cut into his God time because he likes to read his bible, pray, take notes all while slurping his coffee.

I have no idea where this child came from.

But I can tell you, huge improvements have been made with him, and no way do I want to interrupt his God time.

Michael and I just make our tea and shudder at the thought of it being morning, and then take turns to see who is going to go bang on Jared's door to awaken it. He usually stumbles out and face plants onto the couch mumbling something along the lines of good morning. At least I think that's what he is mumbling, hard to tell with the pillow blocking his face. We are a festive group. Just not in the mornings. Unless it's Nicholas, who was warned not to sing good morning. He.was.warned. Just saying.

Thankfully, the vinegar rinse did the trick and we are back in business. I was going to breathe a sigh of relief until I realized that Monday has snuck up on me ready to do a karate chop. Maybe I can belch on it and it will skitter away. Blah!

And I'm not happy with all this tale of woe that showed up because I had an awesome weekend in spite of everything else. This junk can't tarnish it, so it just needs to scurry on it's way and not come back!

0 comments: