Thursday, June 19, 2014

Done!

It's too bad that last week flashed by faster than I could ask, "What month is it anyway?" But I am happy to report that I didn't break down sobbing like an idiot at church. Instead, I was the annoying person flashing several pictures to have people look at me like seriously lady?

I'm going to miss that church.

I laughed when pastor Randy looked at the boys and said, "Crap! I knew this was going to happen. Which one are you?" I find it funny. Nicholas is 2 inches taller than Michael. What do you mean you can't tell them apart? Michael has a mustache and Nicholas has no mustache. They have tried everything they can think of to give people a fighting chance. They have also come to the conclusion that most people are not too bright and don't observe very well.

I told them I didn't want them to get jobs at the same place. This is going to be a pain as far as juggling everyone's schedule, but they can't go to the store without it causing some type of reaction. I want them to have something on their own and not constantly compared to the other one or someone asking if they're twins.

But I wasn't prepared when they asked all the family members to come up too. So I wasn't able to get a whole lot of pictures. Oh well. It went well, had a good time, and a huge feeling of accomplishment is had by all. And for whatever reason, blogger won't load any of the pictures I'm trying to add of the special day.

Crud. How am I suppose to gloat now?


Now the fun part. I sent out graduation announcements. The trouble with this is - I have lost most of the address we had. I'm sure it's buried somewhere around here in a box, but try as I might - I haven't found it. I made a plea on Facebook that if anyone was interested in getting one to please let me know and I need their address. No one responded.

Okay then.

I was able to scrape together a list with actual addresses and mailed them out. And here come the nasty phone calls and emails. Actually, it's just my mom. I didn't send any to a lot of cousins. Part of me feels like why should I? I didn't send their kids a card for their graduation so why would they send one to mine? I figured no harm, no foul. I guess I was wrong. But I'm connected to them via Facebook so I sent messages saying wasn't my intention to blow anyone off and they all said it's good and my mom is being silly.

Wasn't the word I was going to use but clearly they are more mature than I am. *couch, cough*

On top of that, there are people we use to go to church with and even a few who read this blog and sadly I don't have addresses to send them one. And as an added bonus - I only have 7 left. I did bloody well ask people, this crap ain't cheap, and people really do suck and I've lost all faith in humanity a long time ago. (See previous posts for the last 5 years) so there is that.

Sorry. But you like never call, you never write, you don't even comment on this blog sooo I'm thinking I am way off the hook on this one.

My mom said I've offended relatives. The relatives my kids have no knowledge of their existence. The relatives they'll never see. The relatives that I only see every 10 years. I'm sure they will learn to cope at some point in time. If not, this is going to make next month's reunion a trip and half.

My mom also wants me to send one to my brother. Yeah, about that. We sort of having a blinking contest which neither one of us has made an effort to contact the other one. So far it's been 8 years. Why would I break my winning streak now? Do I hold anything against him? That is sort of hard. Because I would say no, I don't hold anything against him, but I am hugely disappointed in him. It gets old real quick to hear him tell me everything I'm doing wrong in my life while he waits for parole.

So who knew graduating your kids would cause all kind of weird family issues to come bubbling up to the surface? Because I totally missed that memo. Or maybe that's just MY family and all its issues we tend to ignore.

0 comments: