Thursday, June 26, 2014

I Did Not Hit The Frappe Button On The Blender So What Is The Deal?

I think it is the month of June. I can only assume this because that is what my phone is telling me and I'm going out on a limb to trust that thing even though it likes to randomly shut itself off for no reason. Clearly, it has its own set of issues. Much like it's owner, but let's not go there.

I'm not sure if I'm happy we rent or irritated that we rent. This time last year for the 2 of you that read this drivel - we had no air and the dishwasher wasn't working and the bathroom they were supposed to fix was starting to grow interesting things on the wall. As in break out the hazmat suites!

Right now the air is blasting away that I'm wrapped up in a blanket. Hey, the basement gets really cold. Anyway, I digress.

We've had a lot of drain issues with this place. By ish-yahs I mean if I didn't babysit the washing machine the water would back up and flood the basement. And on those fun occasions where we get down pouring rain of biblical proportions, the basement floods. Where our bedroom is and the fa-game-a-den-off is located. (That's family room, game room, and den/office/school room all combined into one)

Fun times. Said no one ever.

We had an issue last month where we couldn't flush the downstairs toilet and sewage was starting to back up. Many calls were made and I am not a fan of the company the rental company uses to fix things since they took over 2 months to get anything done last year.

Like I said, I am not a fan.

The office gal and I had words last year and I heard from one of the workers when they finally got around to fixing the bathroom after sending out multiple guys to just look at the problem rather than actually fix it, that I was dubbed a pain in the butt. I smirked and said I've been called worse now do that dang job that was supposed to get done a month ago. Or something that was supposed to sound aggressive but sounded suspiciously like a chicken squawk. Although, my chicken feathers were starting to fly when it was the middle of July and still no air. What can I say? I got tired of these guys showing up at 9 am only to look around, make a list and promises of coming back and fixing it only to have days go by and repeat the process all over again. After the 3rd week, my clucking turned to cussing and it got done.

So all of that to say office gal and I don't like each other. When she called back to the emergency call of I can't flush the toilet, her response was "gosh, it's gonna be a week until we can get out there." I said wow, this is listed as an emergency and by law that means it's supposed to get taken care of within so many hours. She replied that she remembers this address and my number.....it's going to take us a week to get out there. Click!

Oh yes, she did.

I called the office manager and told her what was going on and she hit the roof. I highly suggested they find another company because they were getting bad service. Totally different company came out that evening and gasp! actually fixed the problem! No longer do I have to babysit the washing machine, although I still do because after a year of this, old habits die hard.

Turns out there are roots in the pipe. Do tell.
And the other handful of plumbers who came out never even got to the problem. What a shock.
He highly suggested not using that company again. Dude, you are preaching to the converted. Now go tell the office manager this information.
I didn't get to hear what the actually dollar amount is going to be but it was up there as they said there needs to be new pipes. Home owner doesn't want to do it. So far, they've only dumped root killer in the pipes. We haven't had any more problems so I'm hoping that fixed it. But glad I don't have to pay for it!

Now toss in some fun that the home owner bought this place at a tax sell and now has figured out there are issues and has been trying to sell it. There is a buyer so we've had assessors come and go. Maintenance people come and go. And the fun part is they only call Hubby's cell phone - not mine - so the person who is actually here and hanging out in her pjs has no clue someone will be showing up in T-minus 5 minutes.

I was in for quite a shock when one of the maintenance guys showed up who looked and sounded exactly like Ron White. I thought I was getting punked and almost asked if Larry the Cable Guy was going to show up next. Thankfully, I didn't go that far on sticking my foot in my mouth. I was barely able to keep a straight face while he was talking to me.

Nice to see I haven't matured very much.

I was sort of bummed as we had to sign another year lease, but it turns out it was a good thing we signed when we did because new owner was trying to figure out how to up our rent but can't until next year. Which we better be out of here or I think what is left of my patience will evaporate. However, the thought of moving in the middle of everything else going was more than I could bare. Me, being the delicate flower than I am and all.

No, seriously. There has been so much stuff going on that the very thought of mentally picturing packing up and moving caused me to have a seriously sob fest. It's been a stressful few months. Toss in my hormones are meaner than your hormones, and it left me in a deep fried mess.

The guys are still working on going around a corner smoothly. The other day, it wasn't and I feel like I'm in such a raw emotional state anyways that it was by the grace of God I didn't snap at them. Although I'm pretty sure the door handle will forever have my claw marks in it. Practice! Practice! Practice! I have more errands to run, so batter up!

I would ask for emotional support but at this stage just send chocolate!

0 comments: