Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Another Day In The Fast Lane

I had yesterday off of work and do you want to know what I did with my glorious day of freedom? A few loads of laundry and went grocery shopping. But first we had to go run a few errands.

Cue some form of music - as in the tense white knuckle kind.

I will not identify which driver was behind the wheel, but what I will tell you is he sucks at parking. And that the curb doesn't move regardless if he saw it or not. Straight parking has not been his friend, and angle parking I can't convince him to pull up to the freaking line so the butt of the car isn't hanging out in the lane. Because what would I know?!?

You picked up on that one, right? Good. Just checking.

While the other one is doing wonderful at parking, he still needs help going around the corner because he refuses to do the hand over hand thing, thus being extremely jerky going around a corner - going about 5 mph. Although he got tired of me saying give it some gas so he gunned it but was still jerky.

I'm not sure which is worse - the whiplash or stomping on the I wish I had a break pedal on my side that isn't there. I am slightly exaggerating because I usually say stop, stop, stop!! But there are moments I'm wondering if they are ever going to get the hang of this. And then the next time we have to go somewhere we'll have a smooth ride, everything is fine and it's like they've been doing this for years. When they're good, they are good. But when it's an off day? My emotions are not happy.

Let me tell you about those emotions too. They are slightly pissed because they feel all jumpy and vulnerable. Lot of ups and downs in the past few months and it's taking a while to readjust and do things different. I'll be honest, it's knocked me for a loop, but I really don't have time to process it. I just have to roll with it. I was restocking shelves the other day and it was all the dorm stuff etc. and it hit me - hard - that the guys could have left this week for college. I drove home trying to not have an ugly cry fest because highway driving is nuts here. And when I got home, the last thing I want to do is bawl my head off about something that didn't happen because I sort of get mocked for doing it.

Example: it was pointed out to me that I'm being ridiculous for getting emotional over something that didn't even happen, and I should save it for the proper time because it is going to happen soon. However, if that boy doesn't lose his I know everything attitude, I'll will give him a major dose of reality and mail him his clothes. The extra comment about me needing chocolate did not help him in anyway, shape, or form. He complained to his dad about all of this and hearing what man-child said, the dad winced and replied, "bad call, dude."

I knew I liked that guy for a reason.

As if all that happy juice wasn't enough, youngest had a major teenage angst marathon where everything everyone said, and did, annoyed him. Had to sit him down and have a major talking to all while I tried not to pelt him with Hershey kisses. I think I was the only one who found the irony of this that I was telling him to knock it off while tossing him chocolate. Ping! Stop it! But I love you - muwah! Ping! But seriously - stop. Ping!

If I make it out of all of this alive, I hope the eye twitch and the tourettes will go away.

1 comments:

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

Joanna I remember those day oh so well. Hang in there things re bound to get better!
I just started back posting. I have missed your humor to brighten my day.