Tuesday, January 6, 2015

I Think I Survived The Holidays

Of course I mean the fall holidays - jury is still out on Christmas. And I say that because a few days ago after I got off from work, I came home and finally did a bunch of Christmas goodies that I normally do but haven't had the time to do. Or energy. I don't think I should even begin to touch the topic of me and lack of energy. I'm hoping with hours finally getting back down to normal I've got a shot at recuperating. Can't say as I'm holding my breath but I can dream.

My folks crashed our Christmas Eve dinner. We survived and I'll leave it at that. It wasn't as bad as what it was in the past, but there is still room for improvement. Like them being somewhere else if she can't stop with all the criticism. But on a lighter side, I'm not an emotional wreck about it on the other side of it. Look at me being a grown up and all! Who would of thought? We were able to surprise the guys. We got Tim Hawkins new DVD and we were able to get tickets to go see him live again. Had an awesome time last time and glad we get to do it again.

We just got dumped on with snow. I am not amused. Where was this crap for Christmas? I got all the Christmas stuff down and put away Sunday. Last night I went into work and things where okay and came out to the parking lot covered in snow. At least I got the next couple days off because tomorrow is single digits and me buried under a blanket with a book. Or knitting because I picked up some more yarn. But then again I'm trying to get caught up with my scrapbook stuff. This is starting to get complicated! Which project do I tackle?

Of course, I just realized that we need to go grocery shopping. Talk about a mood killer. It's bad enough that we have to go into stuffmart, but we've been sort of adopted by one of the greeters. She always calls out "there's my boys!" The guys all give me a look of "make her stop." Sorry fellas, but you're on your own. Meet the power of an old lady who won't go away. She's a sweetie, but she is a talker, and after 15 minutes of non-stop talking, I get concern the milk is starting to turn and the ice cream has melted. Except now that it's cold I can't use that excuse any more. Better come up with something quick. My oranges might freeze?

I can't get over how crazy the weather is here. One thing you can count on Michigan - it will be cold. End of story. Here in Indiana we have days where it's in the 50s, a couple days where it's in the 30s, and one day where it dips down in the 20s. And then it'll shoot back up to 50s. Except tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 5. It's weird to look at the calendar and then look out the window and go, What? Does not compute!!

Messes with my head.

Sort of like when I went into work and we had Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day stuff out. It was 2 days before Christmas!! I was with a guest, thought I knew what they were looking for, came around the corner and was like, "What the heck??? When did THIS show up?!?" Retail is weird. And for people who wait the week of Christmas for Christmas napkins and such? You are so screwed. We were totally out of wrapping paper the week before Christmas. You snooze, you loose!

Better buy your Easter stuff soon. Sheesh!

0 comments: