Monday, March 2, 2015

I'm Not Sure That Was A Smart Thing To Do

Hey! That could be the title of my autobiography that I'll never write. But for some reason this just sings me. And now I don't know how I feel about that or what that actually means. Great. Now I'm getting depressed. Okay, I was sort of already feeling it.

One of those weird train of conversations had happened and we ended up finding our old house is for sale. NOT GOING TO MOVE BACK. Thought I would put that disclaimer out there. But we were looking at pictures of it and was surprised to see they didn't change any of the stuff we did but did some more improvements. From what we can gather someone bought it and tried to flip it but it isn't happening. They bought it 2 years ago in February. I really feel bad for them if they tried to live there in February.

Anyone remember my old posts of yore of how freezing that place was and how I had to thaw out the washing machine every other day from January to March? Anyone?

But I was sort of pouting about seeing our old house until we were talking with the bank about getting a mortgage and it turns out when you go through foreclosure and all that junk, that it goes better for you if your old house sold. The minimum is 2 years. Looks like we just squeaked through the line. Okay, that did make me feel a little better. On top of that, it looks like we might be house hunting by the end of the month.

That progressed rather quickly. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. We had to basically give our sad tale of woe to explain our credit history. It was rather depressing looking at the last few years however, it does show we've got some serious grit to ourselves by pressing ahead. Still waiting to see if they are impressed with all our grit.

But something that helped snap me out of my funk was Kerri and family were coming through Indy on their way to their vacation spot. We had lunch at 5 Guys and hung out before I had to go into work. It was so good to see her again and yet it was so weird too. Fred had the day off so he dropped me off and took the guys home. He came and got me. I was so grateful he did because one of the manager's car wouldn't start. I was standing there watching him like it was no big deal, while I realized I had no clue on what to do or how to do it. I would be so screwed without him. I teased him that this was why I kept him around. He got a good laugh out of that one.

Although, I'm still slightly, but not really, steamed at him. The other night we were all bundled up in bed and I went to pull a cover up over my shoulder but my hand slipped off and I ended up punching myself in the nose. And my dear sweet husband laughed so hard his stomach cramped up. Jerk. He's still giggling about this days later. I told him I will have my revenge. I got some seriously cold toes just waiting to nail him when he doesn't suspect it. Trouble with this plan is he does expect it and therefore makes sure he has the sheet as his force-field as he is wrapped up like a mummy so I can't get to him.

Diabolical! It's like he knows! 20 years of marriage has taught him well.

Reality came blasting back in Saturday at work. We were so slammed that there was a 2 hour wait to get fabric cut. And people wonder why I don't want to learn how to sew. I've had the head manager get on my case that I need to take a couple of the classes we offer. I said I would try the one on how to frost a cupcake because cupcakes are accepting unlike sewing machines because they are possessed. She laughed and told me I was funny and I tried to get away before she could press the matter. I have an annoying feeling they want me to run the customer service desk. There are still some things I don't know so I can't do it and I'm okay with that. I'm trying to figure out how soon I can leave not get promoted!

It also didn't help that a major snow storm blew in that night. It came down hard and fast! By the time we got out of the store, the parking lot was covered and the highway was a mess. At one point I got up to 30 mph. And that was so I could get my butt over to the far lane. It wasn't anything I wasn't used to but not seeing the lanes makes it hard. 4 lane highway turns into follow the tracks! Who cares where they lead! Just go!!

I walked through the door declaring I was never leaving the house again. I have a feeling no one is taking me seriously. Especially since I had to work early this morning and tomorrow is grocery shopping day.
(Insert some pathetic plea for the rapture to happen but then make a snort noise as all my other pleas have all been ignored.)

2 comments:

jubilee said...

OH, boy. I feel your pain, having worked at Hobby Lobby back in the day. I never made it past cashier and onto the fabric desk! Lots of customers trying to argue and convince me items were on sale when they weren't . . . oh yeah . . . I feel your pain!

Joanna said...

EXACTLY!! It was terrible. I had a lady argue with me for over 20 minutes about some piece of jewelry that she insisted was hanging in the clearance section. Didn't have a red tag, so no it's not. She kept throwing a temper tantrum so I went back to check the price. When I came back, she knew she was caught and changed her tune. Acted like nothing even happened. I hate people like that because they will try that when you have a long line and you're trying to move people fast so they think if they scream and yell you'll give them what they want. Arg! George was not having it and shut her crap down. I wasn't very pleasant about it, but hard to stay nice when it's a busy day, lines are long, customers are pissy, and managers are pushy.