Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Smells Like Freedom

And possibly fish.

It's not helping that we've had a ton of rain lately. Especially since this dump just loves to flood. I had us all prepared and ready to go to battle a round of flood waters but, thankfully, our preparedness kept the flood waters at bay. At least it did till about 3 a.m. when it said nanner, nanner, caught you sleeping.

Oh the joys.

Well last few weeks have been a whirl wind of activity and high drama. I no longer know what day it is. I didn't realize that my waking hours consisted of preparing for work, getting ready for work, heading to work and then actually working, only to come home and curse the work's existence all while I try to cram as much stuff as I could before I started all over again. Vicious cycle. So take all that out and I've been actually getting stuff done. Got a lot of packing done. Totally embarrassed by how dirty everything is so I've been doing a lot of cleaning too.

There are not enough words to express how happy I am that I'm not at that soul sucking job. Retail work is hard work because you have to survive all the demanding people who want everything for nothing.

We are still waiting on a closing date. I wish I were kidding. Especially since we have a moving truck ready for this weekend after Fred did all kinds of switch-o-change-o on the schedule. Plus we have Fred's folks coming to help and my cousin and her husband are coming to help us move too. The stress this has caused has just sucked. We got an email that for sure the 21st was the closing date. Gander a look at your calendar and tell me what the date is. IIII KNOW! It was supposed to happen today but now we're told it's either tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning.

My cuss jar overflows.

Especially since our plan was to get in there and paint the guys' rooms and clean all the carpets upstairs before we moved in. Yeah. About those plans. I'm trying not to imagine those plans going up in flames. I keep telling myself those are not smoke trails I see coming out of those plans.

As if all this wasn't a wonderful ball of gooey. 1 twin passed his driver's test, the other didn't. Do you know how hard it is to celebrate and yet be totally bummed out at the same time? What really sucks is it was parallel parking - that was it! And let me tell you how many hours we had them practice and that was when we had to cram it in when our work schedules actually lined up. What shocked us was this is the kid that has nailed parking every single time. To hear that is what held him back surprised me. What really sucks is it sounds like it was spiritual warfare. He said everything was going fine and then when he couldn't get the car to line up right, he said confusion rolled in, then anxiety kicked in, and zilch. No pass. Which really ticks me off. I can't remember the last time I parallel parked.

Extra bonus points on this sucks - his permit expires next week. We have been trying for the last 2 months to get them in but every BMV has been booked out for weeks. So we have to get him in next week before it expires and he has to take the written test again, and if he passes they will set up a time for him to take the road test again two weeks out.

Oh yes. Because I have nothing better going on right now.

I will at least say I'm thankful that they aren't going to make him wait 180 days, because I think I would be throwing my cuss jar across the room.

The hard part is that he is ready and we have worked with him and prayed over him. So to see him go through this and watch it suck all the confidence right out of him makes me so mad for him and yet there is nothing I can do about it.

My dad asked if we were going to have Jared take the written test to get his permit too. I said there is only so much my poor nerves can handle and that ain't it! Not to mention junior chicken overheard this so he squawked and ran out of the room.

Calgon is a lie because I tried to drown myself and I'm still flipping here!

I think Fred is about ready to hide my blanket as he told me to stop making forts. I've been tackling laundry while going through my clothes. How is it possible to have a ton of clothes and yet still feel like I have nothing to wear?!? I have 2 large garbage bags that are now overflowing to take to Goodwill. There are already 3 bags from old coats, shoes and stuff the guys have all outgrown. I just now need to haul it over there. At least I would if my Blazer wasn't full of painting supplies as I thought that was what I was going to be doing right now.

*mutters* I am not bitter. I am NOT bitter.

I'm going to chalk up my crankiness due to lack of sleep. I was startled awake at 5 a.m. by the mass raid on the area. According to the news, local police and FBI agents were attempting to round up 40 very no good people. I think they really need to up that number because there is an apartment complex not that far away that is almost always bathed in flashing lights and crime tape. Not to mention what all was going on at that house on the other side of us last fall.

Who knew we would be really excited to move? Granted, it's for multiple reasons, but this is the first time all of us are happy to be moving and where we are moving too. That is a miracle right there. At least it will be once we actually close.

I think I'm going to go sit in my fort while I wait on the dryer.

0 comments: